Wednesday, August 08, 2012

A little won't hurt...

Well, I'm back home...after 2 weeks house sitting for the mom and feeling like I was having a vacation in the city.  LOL  I'm always grateful for that break because I feel like it resets me in different ways.

So, last night I went to a concert with some friends in the park across the street from the moms house.  A friend texts me to confirm that I'm coming because he's making punch.  Punch?  I ask...yes, punch.  And would I be kind enough to bring cups.  Fine.

When I get to the park said friend continually tries to offer me the punch and I say no because at this point liquid calories are not my thing.  Food/chocolate calories...I'll take...drinking, no thanks.  So, he says...well it is about getting a buzz.  I still said no thanks.

Each day I find new ways of reminding me of how focused I am.  Don't get me wrong...i love a great cocktail, but at this point I don't enjoy the way I feel the next day.  No matter how much water i drink, I feel like crapola the next day in the gym.  It is not worth it and for me I feel it is compromising my progress.

Instead of drinking last night, I listened to some Lalah Hathaway and really enjoyed myself.  I also got up this morning and did day 3 of Couch to 5k...with issues, but did it.  Then I did a 13 incline at 2.8 and sweated for another 10 minutes.  I feel good and I don't feel bad for not joining in on the drinking fun.

I'm growing, I'm growing.

Have a great day all!!!

...................peace and blessings.............


No comments: