Monday, August 06, 2012

....and so because umm....Friend Making Monday

Woozer....an unplanned hiatus for a week...oops.  Things have been whirly.  After last week, I decided that I would be more focused about couch to 5k and this time, I'm feeling more better about it.  For example, I did it this morning and my legs are stronger and I don't feel like I could kick someone when I'm done during the spurts.

Last week, I went to my weigh-in and I'm now officially 5% down.  Who is pumped??  Moi!!  I'm looking forward to the next 5%.  I feel good and I even feel better supported singing wise.  I can't see where I'll be by headshot time at the end of September.

Since I've had a really exhausting day from singing and gymming and just living and it is just 6 something pm...I'm going to do my weekly love...Friend Making Monday from All The Weigh....



A Little More Personal


1. Are you a morning person?  No and I get it honest.  I'm trying to become a morning person because I love exercising in the morning and getting my day going.  If I wasn't possessed by exercising....I would roll over until my body decided it was time to get up.
2. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?  I'm rather introverted.
3. Are you addicted to anything? If so, what?  I'm addicted to makeup, music and food.  All kinds of food.  My mother is a good cook and my dad was a good cook.  This made me passionate about food.  Unfortunately, I because a food addict and I love cooking...cooking channels, restaurant hopping and cookbooks.  All things food...besides makeup and music.  LOL
4. How many times have you been in love?  For sure, sure 3....and one was my dad.  I'm a real daddy's girl.
5. What is your position on politics?  I have an opinion....hell, I'm an artist...we always have an opinion.  This is about my weight issues.  LOL
6. Are you religious?  I am religious...but not evangelical or shove it down your throat kinda religious.  I feel that everyone has a right to believe what they believe.  That's what makes us all special and different.  
7. Would you prefer backpacking or a luxury hotel?  LUXURY HOTEL  My mother made me camp  one year and I was one miserable bitty.  Seriously...I respect your love for the outdoors, but roughing it is NOT my style.  LOL
8. Do you have/want pets?  I have a cat and she is the most opinionated b*tch I KNOW.
9. Are you a sports fan?  Yes, yes and MORE YES!!  As I type this I'm watching the USA basketball team play Argentina with my mother hooting and hollering.  I am a firm...NY Jets, NY Knicks and NY Yankees fan.  Due to my upbringing I have to root for the Chicago Bears and the Bulls.  I just couldn't survive family get-togethers...
10. How often do you brush your teeth?  A lot.  LOL
11. Do you have tattoos and/or piercings?  I have 3 piercings in my right ear and 4 in my left and a tattoo that says Songbird on my back.  I'm contemplating the next tattoo.  I think it will be on my stomach to cover up laparoscopic surgery scars from getting my gallbladder removed....well, once I lose a certain amount of weight.
12. What’s your favorite clothing brand?  Even though I'm shoved into plus sized clothing at the moment....one of my favorite designers is Lauren.  The clothes are rather conservative and resorty, but the colors always hit me in the right spot.  Now for run around, I'm being a fast girl wear...Ashley Stewart.
13. Should a man open doors for a woman? Yes…
14. Which season is your favorite?  Summer.  I love sun, sandals, beaches...and did I say SUN??
15. Would you rather eat less or workout more?  Eat less.  I don't mind the working out more.  I actually like it.  I think if I stopped having this voice that is on constant in my head about the next meal I would be okay.
16. What’s your idea of romance?  Being in love my best friend.  My mom always says the sex can leave, but friendship doesn't.
17. How often do you do things that are outside of your comfort zone?  I would have to say regularly.  First, I live in NY.  Second, I'm an opera singer and directors will have you doing any and everything that hits their heads.  Third, I love makeup and I will wear anything that hits my mind.  Yea...that's the artist in me.
18. Christmas or Halloween?  Christmas.  I LOVE Christmas.  The smell of pine, Christmas lights, my mother hustling in the house driving me nuts and the Messiah.  That just makes Christmas for me.
19. Would you rather live in the country or the city?  City.
20. Share your life philosophy.  Wow...hmmm.  For me, I try to live every day to the fullest knowing that it might not work today, but it will be better tomorrow with God as my guide.

4 comments:

Flora said...

Dropping in from All the Weigh to say hello. Congrats on losing 5%.

Anonymous said...

i always roll over till my body says get up. then I go exercise, lol
I liked your FMM. Mine is up at http://fattofiguregirl.wordpress.com/2012/08/07/friend-makin-mondays/

Unknown said...

Stopping in from FMM....Congrats on losing 5%... keep it up

www.300poundsandrunning.com

Lisa said...

Congrats on 5%! Woohooo!

Yes, cats are opinionated little brats. But we love them anyway!

Stopping in from FMM - hi!

Lisa, the Life of Lisa