Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I'm still alive...

I decided to get a quick post about last night before I head off to the gym.  So...Bikram Yoga.  Lesssee....I have to admit, I loved it.  My mom was so concerned for me doing this.  Oh your weight (there was a woman larger than me in the class.), oh yoga in 100 degree room (it wasn't that painful.), it just sounds unhealthy.

Well, lets start with the heat.  Yes it is hot as hell up in that room, but I'm learning to love sweating.  Sweating releases toxins.  Release, release.  I took all of my friend's advice and I survived the heat.  

What I couldn't get together and maybe it was my nerves...spend your day drinking water.  Seriously.  That's my EPIC.FAIL.  Normally on a good day I drink about 100oz. of water.  (Thank you Brita water filter water bottle.) Yesterday, couldn't get it together.  I made it through class, but started feeling strange/mild headache when the class was over.  I texted the Bikram crew and they said I was dehydrated.  When I got in, 40 oz. went down the hatch.  I hopped in the shower and called it a day.

Now...how do I feel right NOW.  I know I have muscles all over my body, but it is a good feeling.  Well, for me it is.  I can't believe how grateful that I allowed myself to stretch out.  I can't tell you all how long I've been dying to take classes.  I'm SO excited that the first day has happened.  Now, I'm planning out my life around it. Bwaah.

If you are in the NYC area Bikram Yoga Harlem has a new student special... 30 days for $30.  

.....peace and blessings.......

No comments: