Friday, June 08, 2012

Back on the grind...

Hey...*waving*  I can't remember when I last wrote...right now, i don't care.  Just know...I'm back.


Last week after some mental back and forth, I decided that's it.  Seriously.  That's it.  This weight has GOT to go.  It would be helpful career wise and clothing wise...since I LOVE vintage fashion, but honestly, I want it gone for health reasons.  The excess baggage gotta go.  My major goal is to have 40 lbs. gone by March 2013.


So, last Thursday, I walked back into Weight.Watchers and dragged my mom with me. (She has weight to lose. The doctor told her to get on the grind as well.)  Besides my mom, my 2 dear gay friends are the only ones who know...well, and whomever reads this blog. 


How did my first week back go?  Actually it went well.  When you refocus and approach things with a different mindset, you don't see the negative.  You see the final outcome.  I know you're wondering how I did my first week... I lost 9.2lbs.  Seriously.  I was like gagging.  LOL  Did I share at the end of the meeting during celebrations?  No.


Why didn't I share?  I'm at the place now...see my product.  I'm not talking about it much, just see my hard work.  What did I do differently than any other time?  I tracked.  Every day.  I tracked.  I cooked and tracked.  Tracked and I cooked.  LOL  I didn't cook that differently...just my portion sizes.  I had tootsie rolls, cookies, cakes, fried chicken and all the rest of crap i like.  No matter what, I tracked.


On top of tracking...I exercised.  And starting this past Monday, I've been doing a 2 day grind.  I'm calling them Round 1 and Round 2.  Round 1...it is whatever I want to do...like elliptical, yoga, zumba, kickboxing, riding my bike on the green way, etc.  That's my round 1.  Round 2...well, that's my new thing...treadmill fluctuating incline, but my speed is increasing.  I want to run.  Bottom line...straight up.  That's the plan with round 2.


Well this is a mouthful and I plan to keep blogging.  Not going to say it will be daily, but it will be at least weekly.  I'm gonna leave you with this message from my WW leader today.






Peace and Blessings.....



No comments: