Tuesday, June 19, 2012

I'm learning

Yesterday was really a rough day mentally and emotionally.  I can't remember if I stated that my friend's husband died yesterday morning.  He was about 36/37...had pneumonia.  They just had a baby in January.  It just really got me.  My friend has been through so much.  She lost her mother recently to ALS, her dad 2 or 3 years ago to cancer,  her grandmother's recently....yea a lot.  When I read that the hubby passed....it was like someone had kicked me in the stomach.  I just wanted to eat all day long.  I never made the gym.  I spent the day practicing and trying to wrap my mind about how my friend was handling all of this.


By 10 after being filled with music and a few episodes of Mad Men, I remembered I had chocolate in the house.  *bad news*  I ate about 8 small pieces of a Mil.ka Strawberry Bar that I love.  *sigh*  Oh well, when I hit the scale this morning....yea, i hit it daily to keep me in check...it said I was down 2 more pounds.  *whew*


I keep pressing on.


So....what am i learning?  i'm learning the importance of making time to be prepared.  does that make sense?  well today i went to bj's and stocked up.  i got some collard greens, even though i wanted kale, some salad fixings, black bean burgers, sweet potato fries (my personal crack) and some chicken breasts.  if it is here...i have NO excuses.  i feel focused and ready.  right now as i type...i'm cooking my collards so they will be ready for tomorrow.  


yay me...i'm learning....i really am.


a little quote from my zumba teacher before i go..."to accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe" Anatole France  


i'm believing....


peace and blessings.....

No comments: