Sunday, July 08, 2012

If I can keep the faith

Sometimes burdens and afflictions press my soul, oh yes, they do,
But that only makes me more determined to reach my goal
If I can hold out, If I can keep the faith,
In God's own time, my change will come, it will come.
In God's own time, my change will come, it will come. - James Cleveland
That was the lyric to one of the songs we sang today in church this morning.  By now, one would get the vibe that I'm a church going Christian.  That's not what this post is all about.  It is about keeping the faith.

When people start talking about losing weight, others are so damn opinionated and they think this is an easy feat.  "Just eat less and exercise and it will happen."  Granted, that is true, but a lot of time, it is about being determined and keeping the faith.  Losing weight takes patience, focus and a TON of faith.

In my about me section I talked about how I gained a ton of weight in college.  I did and every summer I attempted to lose weight.  As a NYer it is easy to just walk and do all kinds a things that can help you lose weight, but being in KY it didn't work that way.  I lived in a city where you had to drive really to get anywhere or as a student you could go to the gym....where the athletes trained. *eye roll*

As I tackle this journey...watching the scale go down and watching my clothes get bigger and bigger, I was reminded this morning to keep the faith.  Sometimes we don't understand why things don't happen when we think they should happen.  Obviously, because it is not the right time.

I still can't say what possessed me a few weeks ago to get really focused.  Whatever it is, I'm just grateful.  Sooooooo grateful.  And now I'm determined to reach my goal.

.......peace and blessings......

No comments: