Friday, July 20, 2012

Two Points...For real??

i was reading through this week's weekly weight watchers book and in the middle they have an article called "the active life".  now on the second page of this article there is a fancy bubble with the exercise rx....  The first sentence says....

To stay healthy and lower your risk of chronic disease, we encourage you to set a goal of 14 activity PointsPlus a week - an average of just 2 a day.

For those who aren't WW-ites...points are how we work.  It's easy for me and not for others.  I like to cook and eat my own food and I can do that.  Points are even judged for our exercise. It just depends on how intense you workout.

So...I was flipping through the book during yesterday's meeting and I chuckled out loud.  My leader asked what made me laugh and I replied "Fourteen points a week for exercise?"  She looked at me and with her fabulous southern drawl said..."Honey, YOU ignore this."

LOL  Normally on a good week I earn about 104+ points in exercise. Seriously and i try to challenge myself to break the previous weeks number.  I'm competitive with myself.  I make it my goal to get at least 40-55 minutes of cardio done....5 to 6 days a week.  Some days I even double up my duty.  Like Tuesday and Fridays I do Zumba in the evening and Monday and Friday mornings I do Spinning....in addition to the elliptical and the treadmill.  This is not even including my weight training and other types of fumbling/exercising that happens. So...14 points?  LOL

Other than this funny...life has been rather normal.  I did weigh-in...gained 2 lbs. (Haaa...2 the magic number this week.)  I'm not mad.  I had an awful week...the ups and downs of wheat and the lack of exercise (only 41 points. bwaaah!).  I feel good and I'm looking forward to an interesting week coming up.  Looking towards lots of singing, exercising and living a fun life.


......peace and blessings........


No comments: